There is an exciting opportunity for a scientist, with a post graduate degree in life sciences or equivalent experience, to join a team delivering commercially-focussed diagnostic development projects. You will work alongside a small committed development team in Edinburgh and work collaboratively within the organisation and with 3rd parties.
The nature of work would involve designing and developing diagnostic assays in line with agreed project timelines and could include –
- Working up protocols/methodologies for delivery in a clinical environment.
- Evaluating prototypes on clinical samples.
- Assessing new or novel diagnostic technologies.
- Executing validation plans for diagnostic assays and equipment.
- Evaluating and analysing data.
- Optimising extraction methodologies.
- Working within a Quality compliant framework to ensure that the relevant documentation and practices are in place to deliver requirements.
Due to the nature of the work, the individual could expect to work on projects at different stages of the project lifecycle.
- Demonstrable experience in assay design & development, particularly in the areas of molecular biology or immunohistochemistry.
- Experience in the following technologies – qPCR, IHC, in situ PCR, sequencing (NGS or Sanger), nucleic acid extraction technologies, automated systems, ELISA, histology methods (i.e. tissue processing, sectioning, mounting, staining).
- Previous experience working in the areas of infectious diseases or oncology would be advantageous.
- Experience working in a clinical or diagnostic environment would be advantageous, or having worked under a quality management system such as ISO15189 or ISO13485.
- Project management experience, such as PRINCE2 would be desirable.
MRC Technology offers a competitive salary, a defined contribution pension scheme, private health insurance and other flexible benefits along with 31 days paid holiday per year.